Invitation Young Researchers Day
Wednesday 27 November 2019, Saint-Petersburg mining university, St. Petersbirg, Russia
Young researchers (students, postgraduates and young scientists under the age of 35) with a project devoted to topical issues of development of mineral resources and fuel and energy complexes.
Participants will be able to:
- present their research and discuss the most important sector-specific issues with the top experts of mineral resources complex;
- take part in TED format master classes of researchers and specialists of various fields of expertise and receive a special certificate;
- participate in the competition of case studies. Cases are real production tasks that describe specific problems in various fields and require an optimal and rational solution. Participants will be divided into teams, cases will be issued on the day of the championship. The team will need to analyze the task in a short time, develop their own solution and present it to the members of the expert jury in the form of a presentation.
Terms & Conditions
The Organizing Committee will allocate a grant to the registered participants of the conference who will provide their abstracts in due time. The grant will cover air flight, accommodation at the Multifunctional Complex “Gornyi” during the Forum-Contest and participation in the activities of the programme.
Registered foreign participants will be provided with a Letter of invitation for visa support.
To participate in the Young Researchers Day it is necessary:
- to fill out the registration form below;
- to send a MOTIVATION LETTER of your project or paper (written according to a sample Blank_Rohstoff) before 1 November 2019 to Rohstofforum@gmail.com.
It is also possible to send abstracts of research work, written according to GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACTS. As a result of the Conference the abstracts of the reporters will be published in the annual collection.
Authors of the best abstracts will be invited to submit an article. Within the framework of the 12th Russian-German Raw Materials Conference, St. Petersburg Mining University carry on a tradition of publishing the best articles of the conference as a separate collection of articles (publishing house CRС Press, Taylor & Francis Group) for the purposes of the maximal promotion of young researchers’ scientific papers.
Please note that the proceedings will go through two stages of reviewing:
- Reviewing the articles by the organizing committee.
- The final review of the proceedings will be done by indexing services such as Elsevier (Scopus) and Thomson Reuters (WoS).
Papers and abstracts should be written in English. Presentations and discussions are in English.
Rohstoff Forum wants to offer young researchers an occasion to meet. This can serve multiple objectives:
– learning about different perspectives on mineral resources problems and related fuel and energy complexes;
– get inspiration from the confrontation of research ideas and practices;
– broaden the perspective on one’s project;
– exchange of suggestions for improvement of projects and papers;
– add to experience with academic presentation and discussion;
– meet the representatives of government institutions and specialists from academic and business communities;
– to find potential partners and share the ideas with young researchers.